The Kid-Friendly ADHD & Autism Cookbook, Updated and Revised: The Ultimate Guide to the Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Diet Author: Dana Laake | Language: English | ISBN:
B004PLNSDG | Format: PDF
The Kid-Friendly ADHD & Autism Cookbook, Updated and Revised: The Ultimate Guide to the Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Diet Description
- File Size: 1851 KB
- Print Length: 352 pages
- Publisher: Fair Winds Press; Reprint edition (April 1, 2009)
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B004PLNSDG
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
X-Ray:
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #54,275 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #56
in Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Gluten Free - #59
in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Special Diet > Gluten-Free - #61
in Books > Parenting & Relationships > Special Needs > Disabilities
- #56
in Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Gluten Free - #59
in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Special Diet > Gluten-Free - #61
in Books > Parenting & Relationships > Special Needs > Disabilities
I am still a bit of a novice when it comes to cooking GFCF, we have only been following this diet for a few months now, but this book makes it easy to create meals and snacks that my children will eat. The Wonderful Waffles recipe is better that anything you will find in the freezer section of your local grocery store-GFCF or otherwise-and there are lots of tips & tricks to get more nutrients into your kids. Not only are the recipes good, the info presented on the diet is done in an easy-to-read format. It is all explained in great detail, how it works and why it works. Also, at the top of each recipe, there is a key that shows which allergens are present, a real time-saver for those of us dealing with multiple food sensitivities-you know at a glance. Overall, I am happy with my purchase, I would recommend it to others, especially if you are just starting out on the GFCF diet & need some guidance.
By my GFCF kids
This is a great primer on the science behind the GFCF diet and several other alternative diets for kids on the spectrum. I learned a tremendous amount from it and even identified an enzyme deficiency in my own child because of it. However, the cookbook portion leaves a bit to be desired from my perspective. I was looking for something to help me with feeding a 2 1/2 year old and this is most definitely not geared towards toddlers. Perhaps it would be good for feeding a family with middle-schoolers or older, but for the little ones, there is surprisingly little. Additionally, some of the items that are labeled in it as "soy-free" call for items that have soy in them. I don't regret buying it because I'm sure someday I'll end up using the recipes, but I still have yet to find a toddler-friendly GFCF cookbook.
By Willsmomstacie
The Kid-Friendly ADHD & Autism Cookbook, Updated and Revised: The Ultimate Guide to the Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Diet Preview
Link
Please Wait...