• About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Epub books free

Books available in pdf, ePub and Kindle formats.

  • Home
  • How To Download
  • Computer
  • Engineering
  • Medical
  • Mystery
Home » Comics » Epub Superman Vol. 1: What Price Tomorrow? Free

Epub Superman Vol. 1: What Price Tomorrow? Free

admin
Add Comment
Comics
Thursday, May 16, 2013

Superman Vol. 1: What Price Tomorrow?

Author: Visit Amazon's George Perez Page | Language: English | ISBN: 1401234682 | Format: EPUB

Superman Vol. 1: What Price Tomorrow? Description

Amazon.com Review

A Look Inside Superman
Click here for a larger image
Click here for a larger image
Click here for a larger image

Review

"Perez gets into his head in an interesting way and Merino's very sleek Metropolis makes it a welcome place to hang out in again."—USA Today

"I was overcome with the same feeling I had while holding that Superman figure from my toy bin. Sure, the tights are gone, but otherwise the image of the alien from the planet Krypton was the same as I remember from childhood."—UGO

"The SUPERMAN world is also one now where fans new and old, young and not-so-young, can come to a common ground to talk about the superhero that started it all."—Ain't It Cool News
See all Editorial Reviews
  • Product Details
  • Table of Contents
  • Reviews
  • Series: Superman
  • Hardcover: 144 pages
  • Publisher: DC Comics; First Edition edition (November 20, 2012)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1401234682
  • ISBN-13: 978-1401234683
  • Product Dimensions: 10.4 x 7 x 0.5 inches
  • Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
Unlike Action Comics, this book didn't get off to a great start in the New 52. George Perez is a really good artist and I have loved many of the books he's done both writing and art on, but this just seemed like a collection of ideas that didn't get fleshed out all the way.

Perez has said in interviews that editorial had too much control over his stories and scripts and would change big things at the last minute, but in all honesty I don't think the base ideas presented here were ever that strong to begin with. An elemental-based alien villain? That's the book's biggest problem: villains who are utterly forgettable.

The artwork from Jesus Merino is actually pretty good most of the time, with assists from Perez. The most interesting parts of the story are actually the parts that focus on Clark Kent rather than Superman. There's plenty of character development there and some new situations that make Clark a very relatable character. I also enjoyed the new characterizations of Lois, Jimmy and Perry. They have a still classic feel, but with some minor tweaks to their status quo.

The fight scenes are well-illustrated, but the dialog is pretty terrible. When he's not Superman, Clark's speaking mannerisms are fine and his speaking pattern and word choice seem fine, but when he dons the Superman persona things get more than a little wonky/cheesy. It's like we're back in the 70s or early 80s. Not what Superman needs right now.

The next volume by Dan Jurgens is a much better take on the character, but falls short too because at about the halfway point it feels like he's just marking time until Scott Lobdell takes over, which definitely starts on a strong note with issue #13.
This is always one of those titles I'd love picking up but I'd hear people say it's unreadable, but I disagree, this is a decent title and I feel sorry that it couldn't continue with the writer.

Good:
1.This book is really focused on giving us an update on Superman's life right now so that you'll pretty much get a lot of information in the first comic, something that other people criticized other comics for, but I really do like that it tells us where we start off.

2. I like how Superman is portrayed to an extent, although I do think this loner/isolationist thing isn't really Superman, but I can respect where they're coming from. This isn't pulled from someone's rectum but it's a theme that has been present in a lot of modern Superman comics. I like how smart Lois is portrayed in this, even going so far as to be able to meet the demands of her boss, Morgan Edge, while keeping her employees safe.

3. I think the narrative is good with the mystery of these strange beings that are meant to counteract one of Superman's powers, it's a ncie threat that seems pretty classical while allowing your character to still be powered up. The dialogue is well written, which is good as you'll see when I get to the bad. And if you're reading Action Comics, the main threat is a nice tie-in.

Bad:
1. Lot's of dialogue in these issues and this may be something that you might get overwhelmed by. At least that's what I get from other readers but in truth I haven't experienced that problem. The dialogue is good dialogue though so it never does feel like someone hit the exposition button as much as people are actually having conversations. Still, there is a lot of it and if you came in here for action than you might feel left out.

2.

Superman Vol. 1: What Price Tomorrow? Preview

Link

Please Wait...

0 Response to "Epub Superman Vol. 1: What Price Tomorrow? Free"

← Newer Post Older Post → Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Label

  • Art
  • Biography
  • Business
  • Calendars
  • Children
  • Comics
  • Computer
  • Cookbooks
  • Craft
  • Education
  • Engineering
  • Health
  • History
  • Humor
  • Literature
  • Medical
  • Mystery
  • Parenting
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Romance
  • Science
  • Science Fiction
  • Self Help
  • Sports
  • Teen

Page

  • Home
Powered by Blogger.
Copyright 2013 Epub books free - All Rights Reserved Design by Mas Sugeng - Powered by Blogger and Google