Catechism of the Catholic Church, 2nd Edition Author: Our Sunday Visitor | Language: English | ISBN:
0879739762 | Format: PDF
Catechism of the Catholic Church, 2nd Edition Description
Amazon.com Review
Catechism of the Catholic Church is the first new edition of the catechism in 400 years. Catechism means "instruction," and this text will remain the standard reference for Catholics for many future generations. It is the authoritative summary of Catholic belief regarding the Church creeds, sacraments, commandments, and prayers. To get some idea of the level of detail with which the Catechism engages Catholic doctrine, consider that 17 pages of explanation accompany the opening words of the Apostle's Creed ("I Believe in God the Father"). The book is exceptionally well organized, with line-by-line explanations of every conceivable aspect of orthodox Catholic belief. Extensive cross-referencing, indexing, footnotes, and "In Brief" summaries of each section further ease the project of finding the precise answers to any questions a reader might have. Even the layout of information on the page is easy on the eyes, with wide margins for readers who wish to make notes. Furthermore, the back cover features a true rarity in the annals of world literature: a blurb by the Pope.
--Michael Joseph Gross --This text refers to the
Mass Market Paperback
edition.
Review
"A sure and certain standard for the teaching of the faith." --Pope John Paul II
See all Editorial Reviews
- Paperback: 904 pages
- Publisher: Continuum International; 2nd edition (March 2, 2000)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0879739762
- ISBN-13: 978-0879739768
- Product Dimensions: 8.9 x 6 x 1.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.8 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
I downloaded the Catechism of the Catholic Church for my Kindle Fire, and I am very disappointed with the Table of Contents. I am a Faith Formation teacher and use the catechism on a daily basis. All references to the catechism found in Faith Formation documents and publications are listed as CCC and the number of the paragraph, i.e., CCC 125, CCC 2675, etc., etc. It is impossible to find references the way the Kindle catechism table of contents is laid out. I recommend that an additional page is added to the table of contents, listing CCC #s (at least every 25 paragrapsh) for example - CCC paragraphs: 25 50 75 100 125 150, up to 2675; and when we want to go to one of those paragraphs, we would just touch the number and the kindle would take us to that paragraph. I came up with my own table of CCC #s and have to place it next to my kindle to make it easier to get to the paragraph I need. If I am asked to go to paragraph 115, I go to the location screen and type the location for paragraph 125, then just page back two or 3 pages to 115. But it would be so much easier to just touch paragraph 125 and page back, without having to look on my table for the location, typing it, and then page back.
Is there any way you'all at Amazon can share this information with whoever can update the Kindle Fire digital Catechism so that customer satisfaction improves? Here is my table.
Catechism of the Catholic Church, 2nd Edition Preview
Link
Please Wait...