• About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Epub books free

Books available in pdf, ePub and Kindle formats.

  • Home
  • How To Download
  • Computer
  • Engineering
  • Medical
  • Mystery
Home » Religion » Epub So Long, Insecurity: You've Been a Bad Friend to Us Audiobook CD – Audiobook, CD, Unabridged Free

Epub So Long, Insecurity: You've Been a Bad Friend to Us Audiobook CD – Audiobook, CD, Unabridged Free

admin
Add Comment
Religion
Friday, December 14, 2012

So Long, Insecurity: You've Been a Bad Friend to Us Audiobook CD – Audiobook, CD, Unabridged

Author: Visit Amazon's Beth Moore Page | Language: English | ISBN: 1414334745 | Format: PDF

So Long, Insecurity: You've Been a Bad Friend to Us Audiobook CD – Audiobook, CD, Unabridged Description

From Publishers Weekly

Prolific Bible teacher and women's ministry leader Moore (Get Out of That Pit) moves away from her characteristic dead-on expositions of scriptural principles in her newest; the topic is insecurity, and the content, she admits, is close to an autobiography. Moore, always transparent with her own personal struggles, is refreshingly so throughout this text. Readers will be chortling in laughter one moment and sucking air the next as Moore exposes the many faces of female insecurity. The author names and claims each one, then defuses every bit of power these nonsensical inner voices possess by countering their lies with God's truth. Women, no matter what their age, battle against advertising's siren call for unattainable physical perfection; the habit of making a man's love the ultimate validation; and the worldly definition of success as money, power, and status. Moore uses personal essays, women's true confessions, expressive prayers, and lots of commonsense suggestions to jar women out of their insecure rut. Readers will delve into this work and find themselves comfortably uncomfortable, and this is a very good thing. (Feb.)
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
--This text refers to the






Hardcover
edition.

Review

So Long, Insecurity: You've Been a Bad Friend to Us Beth Moore. Tyndale House, $24.99 (350p) ISBN 978-1-4143-3472-1

Prolific Bible teacher and women's ministry leader Moore (Get Out of That Pit) moves away from her characteristic dead-on expositions of scriptural principles in her newest; the topic is insecurity, and the content, she admits, is close to an autobiography. Moore, always transparent with her own personal struggles, is refreshingly so throughout this text. Readers will be chortling in laughter one moment and sucking air the next as Moore exposes the many faces of female insecurity. The author names and claims each one, then defuses every bit of power these nonsensical inner voices possess by countering their lies with God's truth. Women, no matter what their age, battle against advertising's siren call for unattainable physical perfection; the habit of making a man's love the ultimate validation; and the worldly definition of success as money, power, and status. Moore uses personal essays, women's true confessions, expressive prayers, and lots of commonsense suggestions to jar women out of their insecure rut. Readers will delve into this work and find themselves comfortably uncomfortable, and this is a very good thing. (Feb.) --Publishers Weekly, December 14, 2009
--This text refers to the






Hardcover
edition.

See all Editorial Reviews
  • Product Details
  • Table of Contents
  • Reviews
  • Audio CD
  • Publisher: Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.; Unabridged edition (February 2, 2010)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1414334745
  • ISBN-13: 978-1414334745
  • Product Dimensions: 5.3 x 6.6 x 1.1 inches
  • Shipping Weight: 11.2 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
Review by Jill Williamson

I love Beth Moore. I've never met her, but I've done several of her Bible studies and had the privilege of attending one of her conferences. The woman inspires me. Why? Because she's real. She's suffered through life, just like the rest of us, and she refuses to let that define her. Praise Jesus for that! That, and her passion for studying the Word of God, draws me, and thousands of other women, to her like sheep to a shepherd. She is a disciple of Jesus. She teaches His truth in a wonderful, personal, life-changing way.

So when I saw this book, I knew I needed it. I've always had low self-esteem. And I am plagued by insecurity. The smallest little comment will send me into a spiral of woe. One example, I have the nasty habit of interpreting faces. I can read minds, too, you know. If someone looks at me funny, I know I did something to make them upset with me, and I can't stand it until I know everything is okay again. I've also trained myself to interpret email tones. I entertain my husband every time I read an email to him. He says I read every word with a negative, attacking tone, as if the author has a personal agenda against me--or someone.

One of my husband's most telling phrases is: It must be exhausting being you.

Well, ouch.

But he's right. It is exhausting being so insecure. I don't mean to do this to myself. And I'm tired of it. And a bit ticked off, as Beth was in the beginning of her book. Having read the book, I will say that I now have confidence that I can beat this thing. Insecurity distracts our minds from living the life God intends for us. It keeps us weak instead of strong. It keeps us distant instead of loving. It keeps us judging instead of reaching out and building lasting friendships.
I attended Beth's simulcast, "So Long, Insecurity!" this past Saturday along with 300,000 women across hundreds of locations in the United States. Her presentation did not cover all the points of the book but was meant to augment it. To the extent that it is useful to you, here is a summary from my notes.

Beth encouraged us to say "So Long, Insecurity" and to choose to be SECURE based on the God's character and love... her talk was based on Ephesians 4:17-5:2 (which you may want to read before reading the rest of the comments if you'd like to see the scriptural basis for her observations)... she noted there are...

Six characteristics of a SECURE woman...

S ~ Saved from Herself ~ Insecurity represents "self curved in on itself" a form of pride that is the foundation of all sin because when we are insecure we are looking at everybody and everything based upon how it relates to us. Security on the other hand comes when we are filled with God's Spirit and our thoughts are going up and out of ourselves. Beth encouraged us to move away from selfish and self-absorbed thinking.

E ~ Entitled to Truth ~ Perfectionism is insecurity in art form said Beth as she noted that apart from God we live in futile thinking that darkens our understanding, separates us from God, hardens our hearts, makes us insensitive, and then we give ourselves over to sensuality, indulgence and greed. We must turn to Christ, to His truth, to be free from insecurity.

C ~ Clothed with Intention ~ As the Proverbs 31 woman is clothed with strength and dignity, we too are clothed with intention ... as we have been taught, Beth exhorted us to keep on doing it. She noted we need to make up our mind to purposefully put off the old self and its way and instead walk in our new self ...

So Long, Insecurity: You've Been a Bad Friend to Us Audiobook CD – Audiobook, CD, Unabridged Preview

Link

Please Wait...

0 Response to "Epub So Long, Insecurity: You've Been a Bad Friend to Us Audiobook CD – Audiobook, CD, Unabridged Free"

← Newer Post Older Post → Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Label

  • Art
  • Biography
  • Business
  • Calendars
  • Children
  • Comics
  • Computer
  • Cookbooks
  • Craft
  • Education
  • Engineering
  • Health
  • History
  • Humor
  • Literature
  • Medical
  • Mystery
  • Parenting
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Romance
  • Science
  • Science Fiction
  • Self Help
  • Sports
  • Teen

Page

  • Home
Powered by Blogger.
Copyright 2013 Epub books free - All Rights Reserved Design by Mas Sugeng - Powered by Blogger and Google