Cozy Knits: 50 Fast & Easy Projects from Top Designers Author: Visit Amazon's Tanis Gray Page | Language: English | ISBN:
1620330652 | Format: PDF
Cozy Knits: 50 Fast & Easy Projects from Top Designers Description
About the Author
Tanis Gray is the former yarn editor for Vogue Knitting, Knit Simple, Knit.1, Yarn Market News and the Debbie Bliss magazines. Currently she edits knitting books, works as a freelance designer, and teaches knitting.
- Paperback: 184 pages
- Publisher: Interweave (November 12, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1620330652
- ISBN-13: 978-1620330654
- Product Dimensions: 10.3 x 8.5 x 0.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.5 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
Tanis Gray has edited a nice book of cozy knits that include knitting patterns by many designers. The book is divided up into sections called Heartfelt Hats, Warm and Wonderful Mittens, Cuddly Cowls and Scarves, Snuggly Sweaters, Shawls and Shrugs, and Quick and Clever Gifts.
I like the book but, overall, felt that there were not enough patterns that I wanted to knit in order to warrant giving it five stars. Additionally, all the patterns are charted and none of them are written out. I am not a chart person and that makes the book more difficult for me to use.
Some of the patterns that I liked a lot include Raindrops and Rivulets, a cabled and lace hat designed by Faina Goberstein. It has a small rib with a cabled body. The Diamond Jubilee Slip-Stitch Hat, also designed by Goberstein, is in two colors and makes a lovely geometric pattern. There is a variegated green hat called I-Cord, Can You, designed by Linda Medina, that looks very warm and cozy. The Silver Plates cloche is a lace and cable knit hat that would be nice for winter wear. The Brioche du Jour Ribbed Scarf is bright in orange and purple, a natural show piece designed by Nancy Marchant. I love to knit cowls and especially like the Tiptoe Through the Tulips Lace Cowl by Angela Hahn. The Weekend Away Lace Gaiter is actually a cowl and is knit with decreases and increases and stockinette stitch. The Art Deco Faux Cables Scarf is cute, designed by Angela Tong. It is a mixture of knits and purls but looks more adventurous than that. The Victorian Lacy Lace-Border Shawl is knit in a chunky yarn with size 11 needles. It is worked from the outside in and the designer is Hilary Smith Callis. I like the Rockabye Baby Wavy Lace Blanket designed by Tanis Gray. It is perfect for a newborn.
Cozy Knits: 50 Fast & Easy Projects from Top Designers Preview
Link
Please Wait...