Six Sisters' Stuff: Family Recipes, Fun Crafts, and So Much More Author: Six Sisters' Stuff | Language: English | ISBN:
160907324X | Format: PDF
Six Sisters' Stuff: Family Recipes, Fun Crafts, and So Much More Description
About the Author
SixSistersStuff.com began their blog in February 2011 with six biological sisters (Camille, Kristin, Elyse, Stephanie, Lauren, and Kendra) who love to cook, craft, and create. After years of living close to one another, they suddenly found themselves living in different parts of the country and used the blog to stay in touch and share ideas.
- Paperback: 200 pages
- Publisher: Shadow Mountain (March 4, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 160907324X
- ISBN-13: 978-1609073244
- Product Dimensions: 9 x 8.9 x 0.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.9 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
Sometimes looking at a cookbook, I feel I have to be a culinary expert just to be able to understand and execute the simplest recipe. When I picked up Six Sisters' STUFF, I was delighted to find not only yummy recipes, but practical and easy instructions even a novice cook like me can follow.
The recipes aren't complicated and use canned and packaged ingredients. That way more time is spend with the family than in the kitchen cooking. However, if you want to go into more detail, many of the recipes also include instructions for ingredients made from scratch rather than a box or can. Though simple in preparation, the recipes are packed with great taste and easy to prepare for families on the go.
The cookbook is divided into three sections: Recipes, Crafts, And So Much More. In the Recipe section the categories are broken into Main Dishes, Slow Cooker, Sides, Salads, Breads and Desserts.
The Slow Cooker section has recipes for everything from Melt-in-Your-Mouth Slow Cooker Pot Roast to Slow Cooker Hot Fudge Brownies. Having only used the slow cooker for roast, beans and soup, I decided to try the Creamy Slow Cooker Ranch Pork Chops and Potatoes recipe. It was simple, easy and best of all - tender and delicious. Even the clean up wasn't bad. I'm looking forward to trying the brownies next.
Woven among the recipes are fun and inexpensive crafts ideas, as well as helpful hints and tips. The crafts include such things as an Easy Monster Sock Puppet to a neat Ultimate Kid Wash that will have grownups wanting to play. The hints and tips feature such items as a spring cleaning checklist, fun family activities and even 50 fun date ideas for the adults.
The first thing I do when I get my hands on a book of crafts or cookbook is to flip through an fan the pages by glimpsing for something to catch my eye. When I did that with Six Sisters' Stuff and their debut cookbook I couldn't help but get excited. One of the reasons that I think food blogs are so popular is because of the incredible photography that really makes something appealing. Then being able to take that same eye-candy and put it in a handheld book to take to your own kitchen is all the more. Blogs and online recipes are great, but being able to unplug and do something for your family is even better and that is what these six sisters have provided in this first cookbook and as a mama who is still getting the hang of it all support in a form like this is definitely welcome.
The book itself is very bright and a neat square size. It's paperback, but has tabs on the covers that could be useful as a quick minute bookmark and that's pretty handy. I'm a pretty big collector of cookbooks lately just trying to trial and error and find things that work. So often I find some that are gorgeous, but the ingredients are either non existent in my rural neighborhood or cost an arm and a leg and are used once. Trying to find something exciting for me to cook as well as the family to eat, but affordable and simple to buy ingredients for should not be so difficult! However, with Six Sisters' Stuff I can find these things, I know these things, and these recipes are totally do-able, but I wouldn't have thought of them on my own. I enjoy cooking, but creating recipes are not for me. Just like in my quilts, I love to quilt, but would prefer to follow a pattern than just make up my own.
Six Sisters' Stuff: Family Recipes, Fun Crafts, and So Much More Preview
Link
Please Wait...