• About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Epub books free

Books available in pdf, ePub and Kindle formats.

  • Home
  • How To Download
  • Computer
  • Engineering
  • Medical
  • Mystery
Home » Craft » Epub The Well-Tended Perennial Garden: Planting and Pruning Techniques Free

Epub The Well-Tended Perennial Garden: Planting and Pruning Techniques Free

admin
Add Comment
Craft
Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Well-Tended Perennial Garden: Planting and Pruning Techniques

Author: Tracy DiSabato-Aust | Language: English | ISBN: 0881928038 | Format: EPUB

The Well-Tended Perennial Garden: Planting and Pruning Techniques Description

With more than 180,000 copies sold since its original publication, The Well-Tended Perennial Garden has proven itself to be one of the most useful tools a gardener can have. Now, in this expanded edition, there's even more to learn from and enjoy.

This is the first, and still the most thorough, book to detail essential practices of perennial care such as deadheading, pinching, cutting back, thinning, disbudding, and deadleafing, all of which are thoroughly explained and illustrated. More than 200 new color photographs have been added to this revised edition, showing perennials in various border situations and providing images for each of the entries in the A-to-Z encyclopedia of important perennial species. In addition, there is a new 32-page journal section, in which you can enter details, notes, and observations about the requirements and performance of perennials in your own garden.

Thousands of readers have commented that The Well-Tended Perennial Garden is one of the most useful and frequently consulted books in their gardening libraries. This new, expanded edition promises to be an even more effective ally in your quest to create a beautiful, healthy, well-maintained perennial garden.
  • Product Details
  • Table of Contents
  • Reviews
  • Hardcover: 384 pages
  • Publisher: Timber Press; Expanded Edition edition (July 24, 2006)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0881928038
  • ISBN-13: 978-0881928037
  • Product Dimensions: 10.5 x 7.7 x 1.2 inches
  • Shipping Weight: 3 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
I am exceptionally pleased that 'The Well-Tended Perennial Garden' has gotten as many favorable reviews as it has, since I suspect it's charms and offerings are just a bit more subtle than your average glossy oversized gardening book. It is essential that you pay attention to the subtitle, as this is a book specializing in teaching us about setting up and planting perennials, and less about choosing or matching or even weeding perennials (the author does not like to weed!). If you flip through the book, you may be put off by the lack of illustrations accompanying the text. While I'm not a big fan of pictures in cookbooks, unless it's discussing a specific technique, I sort of miss them in gardening books. This volume is economically done, with all the glossies in a central rotogravure section. This is ok, because the real meat is in the lessons on planting and pruning. The only place I really miss them is in the encyclopedia of perennials, which is less a true comprehensive encyclopedia than a dictionary of pruning techniques by species. The final two appendices on plant maintanence schedules and lists of plants by care technique may be worth the price of the book for serious gardiners. This is easily the most useful book I've read on perennials.
By B. Marold
HALL OF FAME TOP 100 REVIEWER
I love this book! I have both editions. What I like most about it is that new gardeners can learn some crutial skills right out the chute and experienced gardeners will learn new ways to care for their perennials.That is whay I recomend it to everyone when I give gardening lectures. Tracy has truly improved on this title with the release of the expanded version. I love the lists in the back of the book and the alphabetical encyclopedia. The fact that a lot of the info in her book is based on her experience in her own gardens and clients' gardens is important to me. Truly a book to add to your gardening library.
By D. Foster

The Well-Tended Perennial Garden: Planting and Pruning Techniques Preview

Link

Please Wait...

0 Response to "Epub The Well-Tended Perennial Garden: Planting and Pruning Techniques Free"

← Newer Post Older Post → Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Label

  • Art
  • Biography
  • Business
  • Calendars
  • Children
  • Comics
  • Computer
  • Cookbooks
  • Craft
  • Education
  • Engineering
  • Health
  • History
  • Humor
  • Literature
  • Medical
  • Mystery
  • Parenting
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Romance
  • Science
  • Science Fiction
  • Self Help
  • Sports
  • Teen

Page

  • Home
Powered by Blogger.
Copyright 2013 Epub books free - All Rights Reserved Design by Mas Sugeng - Powered by Blogger and Google