Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World: Finding Intimacy with God in the Busyness of Life Author: Joanna Weaver | Language: English | ISBN:
B000SEHC18 | Format: PDF
Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World: Finding Intimacy with God in the Busyness of Life Description
With nearly a million copies sold, Joanna Weaver's popular book shows women how to blend intimacy with Jesus and service for Him.
An invitation for every woman who feels she isn't godly enough...isn't loving enough...isn't doing enough. The life of a woman today isn't really all that different from that of Mary and Martha in the New Testament. Like Mary, you long to sit at the Lord's feet...but the daily demands of a busy world just won't leave you alone. Like Martha, you love Jesus and really want to serve him...yet you struggle with weariness, resentment, and feelings of inadequacy.
Then comes Jesus, right into the midst of your busy Mary/Martha life-and he extends the same invitation he issued long ago to the two sisters of Bethany. Tenderly he invites you to choose "the better part"-a joyful life of "living-room" intimacy with him that flows naturally into "kitchen service" for him.
How can you make that choice? With her fresh approach to the familiar Bible story and its creative, practical strategies, Joanna shows how all of us -Marys and Marthas alike- can draw closer to our Lord, deepening our devotion, strengthening our service, and doing both with less stress and greater joy.
This book includes a twelve-week Bible study.
Also look for the ten-week DVD study pack companion product to this book, which includes three DVDs and a separate, revised and expanded study guide.
- File Size: 1440 KB
- Print Length: 258 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1578562589
- Publisher: WaterBrook Press; 1 edition (July 1, 2009)
- Sold by: Random House LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B000SEHC18
- Text-to-Speech: Not enabled
X-Ray:
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #20,938 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #25
in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Christian Living > Women's Issues - #56
in Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Women's Issues - #66
in Books > Religion & Spirituality > Religious Studies > Theology
- #25
in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Christian Living > Women's Issues - #56
in Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Women's Issues - #66
in Books > Religion & Spirituality > Religious Studies > Theology
I learned so much about the Mary and Martha from reading this book. I went back and read all I could in my Bible about these two sisters of Lazarus. This is one of my Top 10 Christian books -...!
I lead a small group Bible Study in my home and we're studying the book of John. Time and again, I would open this book by Joanna Weaver and read to my group out of it. Finally, they all decided they needed a copy of their own! And some of them are in turn passing it on to other friends and relatives.
The author makes herself vulnerable in this book, passing along personal anectdotes and stories we can all identify with. This book shows you how to sit at Jesus feet like Mary while still getting stuff done like Martha. <P... of course I had to get this book for our library after I had read it.....
Please read it - you'll love it too!
...!
May God bless you and your family!
By Soozie4Him
VINE VOICE
Living Room Intimacy was the chapter that spoke the most to me, though the entire book was excellent. It gave me a new perspective on what it really means to develop that personal relationship where you're conversing with the Savior instead of always rushing to Him for help in a harried life! When I started getting up an hour earlier in the morning just to be with Him, I have actually become LESS stressed even though I am on less sleep and have fully active days with full time work and two kids (ages 9-14) that keep me running everywhere. Add to that a husband that travels and I'm often handling it all on my own...but wait, no I'm not because I have God's help. I find he's there when I call a lot quicker when I've spent time with him regularly than before when I only prayed in crisis situations. Interestingly, the crises have diminished as a result! I'm now looking forward to going deeper into an even more personal "living room intimacy" with Him. I agree with the other reviews in that this is a book you will want to come back to again and again. I will also be giving several copies of this book as Christmas gifts this year!
By Chely
Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World: Finding Intimacy with God in the Busyness of Life Preview
Link
Please Wait...