• About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Epub books free

Books available in pdf, ePub and Kindle formats.

  • Home
  • How To Download
  • Computer
  • Engineering
  • Medical
  • Mystery
Home » Religion » Epub I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist Free

Epub I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist Free

admin
Add Comment
Religion
Saturday, September 22, 2012

I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist

Author: Visit Amazon's Norman L. Geisler Page | Language: English | ISBN: 1581345615 | Format: EPUB

I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist Description

Review

"I already know ten people to whom I will give this book. It's truly a Godsend."
—David Limbaugh, Author, Absolute Power and Persecution, from the Foreword

"I wish [this book] had been available when I was an atheist-it would have saved a lot of time in my spiritual journey toward God!"
—Lee Strobel, Author, The Case for Christ and The Case for Faith

"If you're still a skeptic after reading I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist, then I suspect you're living in denial!"
—Josh McDowell, author and speaker

"Atheism requires gobs of blind faith while the path of logic and reason leads straight to the gospel of Jesus Christ. Geisler and Turek convincingly show why."
—Phillip E. Johnson, Author, Darwin on Trial and Reason in the Balance

"I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist will equip, exhort, and encourage you'to give the reason for the hope that you have . . . with gentleness and respect.'"
—Hank Hanegraaff, President, The Christian Research Institute, Host, Bible Answer Man

"This book should disturb anyone claiming to be an atheist . . . perhaps enough to persuade them to begin a search for the God who has been there all along."
—Cal Thomas, Syndicated Columnist, Host, After Hours, Fox News Channel

"Geisler and Turek present the crucial information needed to avoid being swept away by the onslaughts of secular ideologies that cast science, philosophy, and biblical studies as enemies of the Christian faith."
—William A. Dembski, Author, The Design Revolution

About the Author

Norman L. Geisler is author or coauthor of some sixty books, including The Baker Encyclopedia of Christian Apologetics and his four-volume Systematic Theology. He has taught at the university and graduate level for nearly forty years and has spoken or debated in all fifty states and in twenty-five countries. He holds a Ph.D. in philosophy from Loyola University and now serves as president of Southern Evangelical Seminary.

Frank Turek holds two Master’s degrees and is pursuing a doctorate in apologetics at Southern Evangelical Seminary, where he serves as vice president. He has appeared on numerous television and radio programs including The O’Reilly Factor, Hannity and Colmes, and Politically Incorrect. His first book, Legislating Morality: Is It Wise? Is It Legal? Is It Possible? (coauthored with Norman Geisler) won the Evangelical Christian Publishers Association’s Gold Medallion award as the best book in its category.

See all Editorial Reviews
  • Product Details
  • Table of Contents
  • Reviews
  • Paperback: 448 pages
  • Publisher: Crossway; First Printing edition (March 12, 2004)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1581345615
  • ISBN-13: 978-1581345612
  • Product Dimensions: 8.4 x 5.5 x 1.2 inches
  • Shipping Weight: 1.1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
THE BOOK:

I am an agnostic who is looking for something to believe in. I have searched for years now, and generally am met with lukewarm explanations and radical fundamentalism from both camps. I am not self-righteous or pig-headed enough to categorically dismiss atheist or religious arguments simply because their tone bothered me, but it does get tiresome to be on the receiving end of what is usually more bitterness and dogmatic posturing than any kind of intelligent thought or reason.

Again, I'm talking about atheists as well as religious zealots.

Which is why I enjoyed this book so much.

This is a concise, well-crafted, thoughtful and thought-provoking piece of work. There is real insight to be gleaned from the pages, and although the sum total isn't what any open-minded person would call 100% convincing, it definitely gets much closer than anything else I've discovered.

There is much talk about this book setting up straw men to be knocked down, and although the book does do that on a few occasions, it is by no means what the ultimate premise is based on. In fact, although there were some sketchy arguments and hastily covered bases, and although there were explanations missing and topics omitted, I still felt, on the whole, that it was one of the more successful books I've read from either camp.

The tone (while every once in a while devolving into brief moments of snideness and cockiness) is generally quite intelligent and emotionally removed. There is little here that is bullying or smug, and for that I was grateful. It leant the text, with its vast array of debates and discussions, a snappy and no-nonsense delivery that helped elucidate the more hazily understood, philosophical explanations.
"I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist" convincingly shows why atheism and other non-Christian views require a lot more faith than Christianity. Geisler and Turek build their case from the question of truth all the way to truth of the Bible. Along the way, in a readable and often entertaining way, they debunk relativism, agnosticism, atheism, Darwinism and New Testament liberalism. Their explanations of how the big bang, the design found in both the Universe and living organisms (like humans!), and morality point to God are worth the price of the book.

I especially like the clarity they bring to the creation-evolution debate. Their point about how science is built on philosophy helps clear away much of the dust kicked into that often raucous debate. "It's not about the Bible vs. science or religion vs. science" they write, "but about good science vs. bad science." Geisler and Turek show that it's actually the Darwinists who are practicing the bad science. Darwinists rule out intelligent causes before they even look at the evidence. In doing so, they ignore observation-- the very foundation of science-- much as the opponents of Galileo once did. That's bad science built on bad philosophy.

I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist has four great chapters that systematically show why the New Testament documents are telling the truth. The authors show why we can be assured that the documents were written within a few decades of the evens which they report and contain historically-confirmed eyewitness details. They also cite non-Christian writers, archaeology, and list over 30 characters found in the New Testament that have been confirmed by secular sources.

I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist Preview

Link

Please Wait...

0 Response to "Epub I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist Free"

← Newer Post Older Post → Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Label

  • Art
  • Biography
  • Business
  • Calendars
  • Children
  • Comics
  • Computer
  • Cookbooks
  • Craft
  • Education
  • Engineering
  • Health
  • History
  • Humor
  • Literature
  • Medical
  • Mystery
  • Parenting
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Romance
  • Science
  • Science Fiction
  • Self Help
  • Sports
  • Teen

Page

  • Home
Powered by Blogger.
Copyright 2013 Epub books free - All Rights Reserved Design by Mas Sugeng - Powered by Blogger and Google